Re: [Epic] The Cheese Factor

From: Alun Gallie <gallie_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 09:01:14 +0930

>Now for a really _stupid_ question : what's cheesy about the Squats ? (I
>haven't played with/against them yet)

I agree with this statement. I have a large squat army and Chris Pinson and
I are now heading for the third big battle of our tree campaign, the
Liberation of Karak Dur. I certainly do not think the Squat Army as a whole
is cheesy. Sure Goliaths are very ugly but no less so in context than
landraiders (and I pay 75 pts for my Goliaths). Yes squat artillary is good,
but each army has its strong points, Squats are not so flash fighting toe to
toe. The golden rule with all army is BALANCE. A balanced (dare I say
it -semi realistic) army is the best answer regardless of race. I could
build a cheese army for any race, if WINNING AT ALL COSTS was my aim. But I
may be strange, I perfer to enjoy my games and have opponents that are
willing to play me again. It is not an army list that is cheesy, it is a
player that abuses that list. Look at the SM's, absolutely dripping with
cheese, but Chris has proved to me that you can take a balance army. This is
in comparison to another person we play sometimes who will quite happyly
rock up to a 1000pt game and pull out 28 Landraiders, and then wonder why I
don't play him often. In a recent game against Chris his army consisted
entirely of LRaiders, Terminators, Titans and an Ordinatus Chedder (Opps I
mean Mars ) GW makes enough "Herohammer" games without turning Epic into
one.