Re: [Epic] army review

From: <anvil_at_...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 22:06:34 -0500

Asmodean wrote:

> This is a 3000 pt army I just thought of, can anyone give me some help
> with it?
>
> 1st Centauri Lancers, Strike force Hammer
>
> War Engines:
> Warlord Titan Luistania
> Warlord Titan Executioner
>
> Imperial Fleet:
>
> Hawkwing
> 3 Thunderhawks
>
> 21st Tac Bomber Wing/Alpha Flight
> 4 Marauders
>
> Skull Squadron
> 4 Thunderbolts
>
> Vermillion Squadron
> 4 Thunderbolts
>
> Ground Pounders:
>
> 1st/3rd Artillery Battery
>
> 4 Heavy Artillery pieces(Basilisks)
> 2 Siege Artillery pieces(Bombards)
> 2 Hydra Flak Tanks
> 2 Imperial Guard Squads + Chimerae
>
> 2nd/4th Tank Company(Heartwarmers)
> 6 Leman Russ BTs
> 5 Hellhound Flame Tanks
>
> Lucifers Hammers
> 5 Land Raiders
>
> Blakes Fury
> 5 Land Raiders
>
> and that is it.
>
> Personally I think that I dont have enough ground forces, but after my
> bombers and their defending interceptors were added they had reached 760 pts.
>
> Total Army pts: 2988(i think)
> Total Morale: 64?
>
> Any ideas accepted,
> asmodean
> The point is that the chicken crossed the road. Who cares why?
> The end of crossing the road justifies whatever motive there was.
> jcm05_at_...,http://rabble.uow.edu.au/people/asmodean

To my way of thinking, you might be a little light on infantry and
firepower based units. Barrage type artillery are easily shut down by
judicious blast marker placement. and being so heavy in flyers might
make your backfield susceptable to drop pods. I would cut back on flyers
a bit and add some infantry, tac and maybe some heavy's. But if you can
get this to work for you then it's just about perfect. Avoid playing
Fog-o-war ;)
anvil