Re: [Epic] Net epic

From: Spatula <shupes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 10:18:26 -0500

> From: Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...>
>
> PINNING: WHAT RULES TO USE!
>
> Obviously the present system is source of problems since the rules leave
> many loopholes or illogical situation.

        Such as?

> These are my ideas on the pinning system;
> 1-There are many unit designation, it would be good to contract them to
> less number of categories, maybe like: titan classed vehicles(titans and
> collosi), knight class(for lack of a better term)

        Super-Heavy works fine for me.

>-these include
> shadowsword type heavies and regular knights since I think their mass
> and strength are comparable.Ground trops(include all vehicles and troop
> stands) and finally skimmers. also units should belong to one group and
> no more than one category should apply.

        What's wrong with the current system? I don't see why
skimmers should be a class unto themselves, how do you determine
what they can be? ie can landspeeders pin a shadowsword? a land
radier? can a tempest?

> example-the tempest, it is a (in my category) knight class and has the
> restrictions of such, it is not a skimmer, this is not to say it cannot
> pop-up or use other privelages of anti-grav motors, this is to separate
> the concept of skimmer from an ability(pop-up),

        Why? At this point I have to say you're just making things
needlessly complicated.

Scott
shupes_at_...