Re: [Epic] Necrons

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 18:28:01 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Michael & Catherine Goh wrote:

> >How, exactly? All those S6 close combat weapons won't be worth a damn,
> >and the mad venom cannons, etc. won't work properly if the Scarabs get
> >near them (the weapons operate with bio-electric fields, or some such,
> >which is interfered with as normal).
>
> I think this is getting silly. If they stop the bio-electric fields as well
> you could go further and say - oh look your bodily functions have ceased
> functioning.

And I really don't see why the interferance field would work against some
Ork Vehicles like the Battle Fortresses-- reading the fluff,they use steam
boilers! Hows a field supposed to keep coal or wood from burning in a
firebox? Or keep the grot gearshifters+stokers from doing their job?

I think that some Ork "tech" is _waay_ too simple to be stopped by the
Necron field.

> I wish they would bring out squats for Epic40k and WH40k first (official
> lists). My wife is a squat player and won't even touch anything else.

I wish an official list would come out in WD, also. Can't say I care for
Necrons, but at least I can use all those old chaos androids fror
something.

> Erax

**
mike