Re: [Epic] Infiltrators Revisited

From: C.Sinclair <csi_at_...>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 09:32:15 +0000

At 08:28 PM 1/29/98 -0000, you wrote:
>Can someone explain to me, in terms of common sense, not game balance, why
>Infiltrators taking their extra move from Marching vehicles in considered
>rules-lawyering, whilst using their extra movement from DropPods/Mycetic
>Spores is considered nasty but acceptable?

I would argue (though from a point of no military experience) that it is a
difference in tactical doctrine. Troops being dropped in a deployment area
are geared up for spreading out and securing that area. Deploying from
vehicles, IMHO, means that the vehicles should be spreading out to secure
the area (with the troops deploying normally from there). In game terms
(not balance) the vehicles should have the Infiltrator ability rather
than/as well as the infantry.

Cheers,
Colin

******************************