RE: [Epic] Infiltrators Revisited

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 09:52:54 -0600

> I would argue (though from a point of no military experience) that it
> is a
> difference in tactical doctrine. Troops being dropped in a deployment
> area
> are geared up for spreading out and securing that area. Deploying
> from
> vehicles, IMHO, means that the vehicles should be spreading out to
> secure
> the area (with the troops deploying normally from there). In game
> terms
> (not balance) the vehicles should have the Infiltrator ability rather
> than/as well as the infantry.
>
> Cheers,
> Colin

---------> Exactly. The Marine Scouts have Infiltration. Drop Pods do
not. Land Raiders do not. Rhinos do not. If we want to pull some
parallels from Reality (dangerous, but there you are) the Green Berets,
Rangers, SAS, etc don't roll into a country in Bradleys or Warriors or
M1's. They Parachute in, or walk. Usually before the fighting starts, or
in places where the fighting isn't. Yet.

Chris Miller