Re: [Epic] Q&A

From: Richard Bright <r.bright_at_...>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 13:19:34 +1300

At 06:37 PM 1/29/98 -0500, Anvil wrote:
>in a recent game my opponent claimed that his marines on overwatch counted
their >firepower as double in a firefight. I can't seem to find a rule in
the book to confirm or >deny this, he claims it was in WD. Does this mean
that troops on assault
>would halve their firepower?

I have only just noticed this amongst my backlog of email so I hope that
I'm not reinventing the wheel here...

I think your opponent may be correct.

On page 26 of the rules, the procedure for firefights simply says "total
*Firepower* for units within 15cm of the enemy". On page 37 the definition
of "rapid fire" says that "Space Marine units...double their *Firepower*
when they are in Overwatch".

There is no qualification regarding the phase. The rule applies to
*Firepower*, presumably whenever that Firepower is used.

The assualt troops would be unaffected as they do not halve their
Firepower, it is simply limited to 15cm.

DIGTR*
Richard

* Did I Get That Right?

"The important lesson is that you can get what
you want and still not be very happy"
                        Pope Cerebus

Get inside the mind of Richard Bright at:
http://www.geocities.com/timessquare/alley/2405