Re: [Epic] Plasma Annihilator and Hellstorm Cannon

From: Michael & Catherine Goh <cmgoh_at_...>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 10:41:01 +0800

At 01:38 3/02/98 -0000, you wrote:

>> Okay ... how many blast markers required to disable the above weapons. My
>> idea is that they are not super heavy weapons but are made up of a number of
>> them - because they are not described under the super heavy weapon section.
>> HOWEVER the plasma annihilator is really just a single barrelled weapon
>> while the hellstorm cannon has numerous. blah blah blah blah blah.
>
>I would have thought lose one shot per blast marker, as per usual. There's
>nothing in the rules to suggest that number of barrels has any effect on
>firepower or blast marker reductions.
> Mike Reed

But then again a Pulsar (my continuous gripe) fires 1d6 shots but will be
prevented from firing from 1 blast marker.

In the Battles book it seems to indicate that muiltibarrelled weapons (or
small heavy weapons) are treated as heavy weapon batteries (with multiple
firepower) - whereas all other superheavy weapons are stopped by only one
blast marker.

Mike (Erax)