Super Heavy Blast Markers was Re: [Epic] Plasma Annihilator and

From: COOK MATTHEW JOHN <PBS4661_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 10:16:34 +0000

> > Is that d6 firepower thing a typo? I thought all SHWs
> > contributed 1 FP. It would make me feel a lot better about the ruling
> > if it was a 1 FP Firefighting weapon.
> >
> > > ---------> It was in one of the QA's sent off way back. I didn't like
> > > the answer either, but for "official" answers, that was it.
> > >

> > Mark
>
> Actually, the d6 FP is listed twice for eldar pulsars, and the pulse
> laser's is d3 fp. That wouldn't seem to be a typo.

I think I would agree there, allthough whether is a good decision or
not I dont know.

> I don't think the QA guy though much about the issue (imagine...)

I have felt the same about some previous answers but they are
supposedly subscribed to at least 3 mailing list and have other work
to do so not surprised if they dont have time to consider them that
well. I know I still have lots of other messages to wade through and
dont answer as many as I would like because of time problems.

> Who thinks titans are too big to be affected by blast markers when
> firing? The rules lawyers won't care and may cry a bit, but having a
> shadowsword shut down by one BM, a reaver by 3, a phantom by 2,
> etc.(unless the weapons happen to be machine guns)really defies reason
> and common sense.
>
> Thane

I think this sounds fair enough as a house rule. You could make it 2
Blast Markers per Heavy Weapon rounding up or down.
I think they should be affected but not as much.
Maybe you could make superheavy weapons also put increased blast
markers against super heavies ie reduces the problems o that one shot
from my ork boy stops your Titan firing but Titan vs Gargant would
still be same. Would have t be classed as house rule tho. I would be
interested if someone could play test this or let me know if you are
using it how well it works.

Mat Cook

       *** THE COOKIE MONSTER RETURNS ***
AKA: Ghaz,Ghazgkull,Mat,Sparrow,Cookie,Walter Tatum,
     Alberto Giovanni,Damien Black