Re: [Epic] Variation Rules

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 13:19:18 -0500

Miller, Chris wrote:
> ---------> Uh Oh - somebody's going to get mad if you try to bring cards
> back into the game...
> (I couldn't believe the venom people had for this. As if the cards were
> one of the major flaws in SM/TL - too many special rules, OK, but the
> cards?)

When we first started hearing about Epic 40K, this list had many card
supporters. One of the things people wanted to keep was the cards. We
talked about how you could build detachments just like the card
organizations
if you wanted to. (Whether or not they would have been very effective.)

I don't mind not having the cards, because I find I try more unit types
than I would have before, but I'll be happy when I get enough
detachments
that I'm happy with to just pick detachment sheets, rather than design
the detachments for the game.

andy

--
Andy Skinner