Re: [Epic] Uncheesy detachments

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 13:10:19 -0500

Miller, Chris wrote:

> You _couldn't_ cheese out an army solely through composition in SM/TL
> precisely because of something people seem to loathe - the army cards.

        Who loathes army cards? I've never heard anyone ever
complain about them in the past...

> For most armies, the 1 special card per company card and max of 5
> support cards per company card with prechosen unit sizes on each card
> prevented a cheese-out. Now some of the actual units were overpowered or
> underpowered for the cost, but the cards limited the quantity of these

        Hooey. Specials were somewhat limited, but I've never
seen anyone have problems with running out of support slots.
You want tons of 50pt Thawks? No prob. A couple of batteries
of barrage missile deathstrikes? Go ahead! Cheesy armies are
definitely possible in SM/TL unless the players decide to limit
themselves (Agro's Rule of Three is a good start).

        I don't suppose anyone held onto the Great Mailing List
Battle between the all-THawk Chaos army and the 'Nids?

> I like the flexibilty of the new
> system but it's certainly open to abuse.

        As was the old system.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"I felt like I was becoming scientifically interesting." - Heart of
Darkness