Re: [Epic] Variation Rules

From: Sauron Moridor <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 13:56:47 -0500

Sauron1 writes;Chris;

    Not the fixed sets of GW Epic2nd, but Units created by the players
themselves on the sheets in Epic40k. Thease are the ones you create to
organise your own units for every game anyway. You just make up a set of
variable units with everything you have in all possible combinations,
approximating the same price cost, and then pick them face down from a
spread out deck.

    We tried this with our own group to favourable results. Haven,t you been
given units to get "stuck in with" as part of a larger "pick up" game a
Convention or your own gaming group? We apply this method to many periods
and scales. It prevents "Praetorian" units created by "must win" types.

sauron1_at_...