[Epic] Random army list (was short dudes was big dudes)

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 1998 10:54:48 -0600

Brett Hollindale wrote:

> We've played over a dozen games where your entire army was chosen randomly.
> (We made up a table of all of the Company cards and all of the support cards
> and just rolled...)
> These games were great!
> It is amazing what you can do with a "useless" unit if you haven't any other
> choice.
>
> (Of course, this won't work with the 40K heresy 'cause you haven't got the
> god old card system, but stuff happens...)

hmm.
I have been looking at the E30K (i.e. AT/SM 1st ed) rules for orks. You
get random number of various types of clans. It's a bit weird, but does
seem to be close to this in concept (This is "GW chapter approved WD
Official" sort of stuff BTW).

Designing a random selection army list would not be all that hard. Got
to think about this.

When I get it finished, I'll post it to the list and drop it on the web
site. Argo will get full credit for a Epic 40K idea. That ought to
make him happy ;-)