Re: [Epic] Variation Rules

From: Luca Fazio <luca_fazio_at_...>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 18:33:38 +0000

On 7 Feb 98 at 21:36, Bloodax218_at_... wrote:

> Well, myself and the 6 people i play with have no problem with "cheese" or
> "preatorian" units, our goal is always to win, we think of the game as a way
> to test each others and our own tactical and strategic abilities, not as a
> social event (especialy since there are few if no women around).

I think that everything you do with other people is a "social event", women or
no women, spectators or no spectators !
I think that "games" are not a sub-social event, they have full right to
be considered a social event.

> When i want to make friends and have real fun i go to after hours clubs,

I do not agree with this, I can't divide friends into classes and I have not
a friends' pool ora friends' stowage box... friends come from many different
occupations of my life.
I play in order to have fun, and even having
fun you can test your "tactical and strategic" abilities ! Btw I would not
think about my gaming skill as military or pseudo-military skill.... real life
tactic and strategy are far different matters !

> like games which test my abilities to command and coordinate troop movements,
> of course its fun to field a well painted army and play, but the real fun is
> in victory!

I don't think so, captain !!
Have you a club ? If you have youngster in your club maybe fun can be teaching
them how to paint a miniature, how to build a terrain piece etc... So gaming
will be part of a wider "social event"...

Ciao,
Ciao,

Luca Fazio

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/2085/

Please reply to luca_fazio_at_... address only, I have problem with my mail service !! Thank you !