Re: [Epic] Eldar Army for Review

From: Matthew Sprange <altsain_at_...>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 07:17:25 -0000

These are just opinions, 'kay?

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Newbre <anewbre_at_...>
To: space-marine_at_... <space-marine@...>
Date: 08 February 1998 01:29
Subject: [Epic] Eldar Army for Review

>Here is my first attempt at an army. Please let me know what you think.
>
>Thanks
>
>Avatar w/ 3 dreadnoughts

Add a Wraithguard stand with a Warlock in it to give you a Psyker and keep
the Armour at 6+

>Home Guard Host
>10 stands of guardians
>15 support weapons
>1 Warlock

A good detachment.

>Wind Rider Host
>10 Stands of Jet bikes
>5 Vypers
>1 Farseer in Vyper
>
>Cloud Killer Host
>10 Stands of Swooping Hawks
>10 Exarches
>3 Warlocks

Maybe add some Wave Serpents to get them across the Battlefield unmolested
by Artillery, etc. . . I have a similar detachment to this.

>I think that its 1001 pts.
>
>Do the support weapons act as anti-aircraft?

No, you need the Fire Prism for that, but with Eldar, you are probably
better off using Nightwings to stop enemy aircraft, unless your opponent
goes for Thunderhawks in a big way, where the Fire Prisms are excellent.

>Are 10 exarches in 10 stands cheesy?

Depends on your point of view. This IS how Eldar get assault troops, and if
you have none or at least very few elsewhere in the army, then I guess there
is some justification for it. It would make sense to put all your rock-hard
assault guys in just one place.

>Can warlocks have jump packs?

It is a little difficult to imagine! But, for convienence sake, I would say
yes.

As an aside, in a 1000 pt game, I would give some thought to including a
Revenant or even a Phantom. Eldar Titans are good value for points, and
they always look the part in any Eldar War Host!

>Thanks for the answers

No Problemo