Re: [Epic] Eldar Army for Review

From: Chris Miller <ironstar_at_...>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 12:42:27 -0600

>Avatar w/ 3 dreadnoughts
>
>Home Guard Host
>10 stands of guardians
>15 support weapons
>1 Warlock
----------> Good Lord - that seems like an awful lot of support weapons!
Figure out a role for this group, and you will probably make some changes:
Is it going to move much? - needs some transport. Is it going to sit for
most of the game - probably want to lose some of those guardians as they
can't do much with a 15 cm range. Maybe add some Reapers if your going to
focus on long range attacks. In any case, you'll probably find a slightly
smaller unit will be a little more useable - break them into at least 2
units and the enemy has 2 targets now instead of one.

>Wind Rider Host
>10 Stands of Jet bikes
>5 Vypers
>1 Farseer in Vyper
>
>Cloud Killer Host
>10 Stands of Swooping Hawks
>10 Exarches
>3 Warlocks
>
>I think that its 1001 pts.
>
>Do the support weapons act as anti-aircraft?
>
>Are 10 exarches in 10 stands cheesy?
----------> You might get some looks...kinda depends on who you're playing.
I wouldn't do it, but neither would the guys I play with, so...

>Can warlocks have jump packs?
---------> Looking at the list, there's no restriction on it, and they
specifically limited some things (like Jumps+heavy weapons) so I think
you're OK here.