Re: [Epic] Uncheesy detachments

From: Chris Miller <ironstar_at_...>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 12:50:00 -0600

----->> Well, there were a few cheesy points, but I thought it worked fine
95%
>> of the time. The eldar got a half priced jet bike host that could be
>> awful; I frequently played a player who was entirely unashamed about
>> putting two of them out.
>
>Actually, given the way pinning worked, you could shoot them out of the
>air before close combat, which really didn't help the bikes much. I
>think Mark lost more guardians riding jetbikes than he did GROPOS, and
>he did take both.... and only put one jetbike to a penny, not two.
---------> Yep, Wind Rider hosts got a lot less scary once that was cleared
up. Most of the time pinning was seen as a disadvantage - some times it's
not...

>>The dominatrix was absurdly powerful for its
>> points, but they were at least limited in number.
>
>Amen. Those things took out Squat SHVs faster than even a Gargant
>battlegroup with gutbuster ball rounds....

---------> nids as a whole seemed out of whack to me, with units able to
take multiple hits when no one else could, etc. Didn't like 'em, haven't
played 'em much fortunately.
>>The titan battlegroup
>> discount could get pretty outrageous. But really that was about all.
>
>Well, I think Titan BGs were really meant to face off against other
>Titan BGs, but that's beside the point... they only got *really*
>outrageous if you used those 'free VP' Titan missions. Not only did GW
>give you cheaper Titans, but the Titans could earn more VPs, too...
><sigh> Transforming those the negative modifiers for *failing* to
>accomplish the missions worked well, though.
>
> Aaron Teske

-----------> Having lots of titans, we loved the BG rules, and yes, I always
let the Chaos player take BG's, even leading it with a banelord if he felt
the need...if it doesn't matter to Orks, it doesn't matter to me. Gargant
Big mobs were hard to beat when everyone else had to take titans as singles,
so I figured it was evening things up. We played both with and without the
missions, and I wasn't horrified by them, but I didn't think they were
really neccessary either.

Chris Miller