Re: [Epic] SM/TL cards limitations & xtra bits

From: COOK MATTHEW JOHN <PBS4661_at_...>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 11:39:57 +0000

> The problem, nay, the flaw, with SM/TL and army cards is I was locked
> into doing what GW said an army looked like, not what I wanted to do. I
> come from a background of historical gaming, where you deploy a TO&E,
> which may or may not be "balanced".

I know what you mean.
Their were two main clans I wanted to add to my army under SM/TL
which wernt cards.
One would be Snakebite Cavalary Clan kinda like Kult Of Speed
allthough would need Nobz on Boars which previouslly wasn't valid
unit.
Second one is mech inf with Battlefortress's ie 3 fortress's 10 Boyz
5 Nobz.
Not got round to trying anything like this yet for E40k as only realy
played once in Derby's GW store. There was funny story behind that,
went to Medowhall store with my parents and they said Derby was going
to have a epic game and were short on Orks. They phoned up the other
store while I was there. They said I could play as many Orks as I
wanted!
Once I got to Derby the next day and took out a Mega Garant,3 great
gargants, 4 slashers Gargants and all 7 clans they quickly changed
there minds and told me to put at least half of them away as they
didnt have enough marines(incidently I won according to the store,
they never bothered calculating points and if you ask me I think
should have lost but WTF!).
Still looking for players and time to get some good games in and
starting to get annoyed. At this rate the next version will probably
come out before I get another decent game!
It getting so bad I'm thinking about starting to do Dioramas and
Battle scenes etc with my army as not using them for anything else

       *** THE COOKIE MONSTER RETURNS ***
AKA: Ghaz,Ghazgkull,Mat,Sparrow,Cookie,Walter Tatum,
     Alberto Giovanni,Damien Black