Re: [Epic] Uncheesy detachments

From: COOK MATTHEW JOHN <PBS4661_at_...>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 12:10:26 +0000

> > Before, Pulsa Rokkits were available in groups of three
> > and were a mekboy card, limiting the numbaer which could be taken.
> > What's the limit now, 10 per detach?
> Unless, of course, you had a Kult of Speed as the base line unit. Then
> you get, what 15 Pulsa?

Still only firing 5 shots per turn, of which say 2-3 hit something.
Plus breakpoint 17? Victory Points 19 not good ratio at all.
I would have never played this set up even if I had that amount of
Pulsa's (out of 20k points in SM/TL only had 6 Pulsa Rokkits, 3
Deathskulls and 3 Bad Moonz (ie only 2 support cards worth).
The main difference isn't the amount that could be taken its the fact
that all can fire at once instead of 1 for every 3. Also are they 1
shot weapons now or not, I know they allways used to be.

> > How about taking one marine unit to
> > boost the strat rating in an IG army?
>
> Only matters if you are fighting Orks. An IG army will always have
> lower SR than eldar, always be higher than 'Nids and Chaos has the same
> variable SR rule in place. And the Ork rule on replacing counters
> before assult phase tends to even that out.

Somebody suggested solution to this, should be minimum percentage of
marines to give plus ie if less than say 20% points total no bonus.

> > I like the flexibilty of the new system but it's certainly open to abuse.

And the other one wasn't?

> All point based systems are open to abuse.

Unfortunatly true, but the idea of playing the spirit of the game was
easier under card system. I would normally play some units for
flavour, character etc which normally didn't perform that
brilliantly.

       *** THE COOKIE MONSTER RETURNS ***
AKA: Ghaz,Ghazgkull,Mat,Sparrow,Cookie,Walter Tatum,
     Alberto Giovanni,Damien Black