Re: Squat Army WAS Re: [Epic] Knights(Lil' bit off topic)

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 12:04:15 -0600

Los wrote:

> J. Michael Looney wrote:
>
> > For the people new to the list, this is a known flame war generator.
> > Lets not do that, please!
> >

> Sorry Michael I did not realize this was (or had been in the past) a
> flame war of some kind. You mean Somalia in specific or 20th Century
> politics in general?
>
> It;'s funny becasue the exact same discussion is sort of going on in
> the Ground Zero games discussion list, but over there, their Sci Fi
> universe is closer in organization to 20th Century politics.
>
> Los

20th cent in general.
Points of to deal with:

The server is in Sweden.
We have members in the US, the UK, Oz, NZ, Germany and France, that I
know of. These 7 countries governments don't always see eye to eye.
For that matter, various political parties with in one country don't see
eye to eye.

On the GZG list it seems to be more about HOW troops in the field are
armed and armored, not WHY the troops are there. Of course, I do tend
to nuke on site SGII messages, as I don't play it (just DSII and FT/MT),
so I may be a little off base here.

As a general rule, in game mailing list in general, talking about the
HOW of armies/troops/etc. while not generate to much problems, in fact
that is what the mailing list may be about. The WHY, on the other hand,
tends to get ugly.

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com