Re: [Epic] Ork Rules & Bits

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 12:12:15 -0600

COOK MATTHEW JOHN wrote:
> Thanks for the prompt reply. These look cool.

Thank you.

> Have they been playtested?
Yes
> What were results?
About the same as normal. The short range of most ork weapons tend to
be a bit of problem.

> Have your opponents been receptive/willing to let you and others use
> them?
Yeah, more or less. The local game shop owner wants me to finish up and
publish a "rules supplement" that he can sell.

> Will eventually get round to printing of and if I get round to
> starting a web site put a pointer to yours if you dont mind allthough
> will probably not get round to this for a good while yet.

Not a problem.

> The only possible problem I can see so far is that most of my
> Battlewagons (at least 60% probably) will be classed as wheeled.
> In this case 30cm move may be to much so may have to change to 25cm
> as was old rules. Will look at this before I get round to using them
> anyway.

There are some other twitch things also. A wheeled, big wheel, big
engine, no guns combo, could result in a MAJOR assault move/march order
movement, which is why it uses the normal transport rules, not "hitch a
lift" rules. WYSIWYG is mandatory if using the "Kustom Battle Wagonz"
rules.

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com