Re: [Epic] Chaos in SM/TL (was Uncheesy detachments)

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 12:50:32 -0500

Miller, Chris wrote:

> Against orks & imperials you had a pretty good game, but against
> eldar it was almost always a lopsided win in 3 turns or less (for the
> eldar).

        Depends on whether you can get the eldar player to limit
himself in psychic attacks... although even still, Chaos has problems.
It would be nice if the GDs were not mandatory.

> Squats I didnt play enough to see a trend, and 'nids I ddin't
> either, though it seemed like they had easy access to psychic attacks.

        Uhm, yeah you could say that. Playing Chaos against a
competant tyrnaid army is no fun at all - your GDs are forced into
hiding and generally end up doing nothing the entire game, your
daemons are out-classed in close combat and all the good stuff on
the 'nid side has 2 or 3+ psychic saves (so playing cards against
them is less than effective). One of my favorite moments in a
Chaos vs Bug battle is when I played telekinesis on a Dom (a clear
desperation move) and my opponent rolled a '1' for his psy save...
dropped the b*tch into a nearby forest (impassable terrain) and
watched it do nothing for the rest of the battle.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"They lie, and we have to be merciful to those who lie..."