Re: [Epic]Insiginia

From: Chris Miller <ironstar_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 17:56:05 -0600

>If one looks at the fluff of the IG, it draws a great deal from the old
40's
>Wehrmacht setup. Look at the old color schemes, and don't you think that
the
>Commissars look an awful lot like SS officers? A great deal of the
Imperium
>is built along old Nazi lines. GW steals alot and makes it fantasy/scifi.
>Just look at the WFB world and really becomes painfully obvious.

--------------> The structure (old or new) isn't particularly Germanic -
closer to WW2 Russian, especially the newer version, and there are a lot of
parallels between the Imperium and a lot of different regimes through
history - Byzantines anyone?
I don't have a problem with stealing from real life, I just don't see why,
with all of the possibilities out there, why people set so high a coolness
factor on painting swastikas on the miniatures for this and WH40K. For
models and historical games, sure - that's the way it was (I've done the
micro-armor thing too, and those SS Tiger companies are fun) - but in a
fictional universe where tanks are painted bright red because they like it
better that way, why drag all those negatives in? Get creative and make
something new! I've killed enough Nazis...been there, done that.
    And as far as scenarios mentioned in another post, why do the rebels
have to be Nazi's? What does that add ? Is that different from just
"rebels"?

Chris Miller