[Epic] Gene-Seed Statement! Help needed

From: Carl Woodrow <carl.woodrow_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 23:54:05 -0000

Calling all EPIC gamers,
        Firstly thanks to everybody on the list who has helped in one way or another with Gene-seed's continuing development, especially to those who have been or are in the process of contributing to Dropship. However, sadly I must inform you that very shortly 'Gene-seed' will be coming to an end and will no longer be available online.

The good news (I hope) is that it is going to be replaced with "Gene-seed 2", a complete redesign of not only the site but also of the whole concept behind what Gene-seed (2) will deliver. I don't want to give too much away at this stage as I am still waiting to hear from a number of parties that may be getting involved with the project but suffice to say that in the spirit of Dropship Gene-seed 2 will cater for ALL variants of Epic. not just E40K, but also SM/TL, NetEpic and the hobby in general without bias or prejudice.

Currently I am working practicaly 24 and 7 to get Gene-seed 2 ready (something of an accelerated development even for me <g>) and it is around 75 percent complete. This is where the members of this list can help out:

"Gene-seed 2 will contain an EPIC Gamers Contact Directory which is intended to help put gamers in touch with their local club or even other gamers. This directory will be frequently updated and will contain an online form which can be used to submit their clubs details for inclusion in the directory. Obviously I don't want to release the Directory empty, so I decided to open up the form page prior to Gene-seed 2's release to give a chance for members on this list to use it and submit their club details before everybody else."

If you run or are a member of a club and think that you would like to be included in the directory then take a look at:

http://freespace.virgin.net/carl.woodrow/epic/contact.htm

Complete and submit the form and I will include your clubs details in the Directory ready for everyone to see once Gene-seed 2 is launched.

Since the very beginning I have said that how Gene-seed develops depends very much on your input and I think that Dropship proves that. It wouldn't exist without the input of other gamers so as always your ideas and suggestions are not just welcome, but encouraged. Compared to the online presence of WHFB and W40K, Epic is definately in the minority....I intend to put an end to that....Dropship was just the scouting party ;-) there's a whole fleet coming next!

//*MESSAGE ENDS*

Carl Woodrow - Gene-seed and Dropship Editor

Gryphonne IV Gene-seed
http://freespace.virgin.net/carl.woodrow/epic/