Re: [Epic] Avatar Transport

From: Chris Miller <ironstar_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 23:26:36 -0600

>>--------> Pretty sure that the transport rule mentions "infantry" and
>>that the avatar is on the "infantry" section of the eldar army list.
>>Unless there's an exception mentioned somewhere else which specifically
>>excludes him, this is legal.
>

>I agree with you in principal, but let's take a trip to Real Street. An
>Avatar in a Falcon?

---------> A "trip to real street" when we're arguing about whether an
eldar daemon can fit into a flying laser tank???
(Aside: There are only 2 games right now which deal with an eldar avatar and
falcons. In one game, he's too big. In the other, he's not. Who's to say
which one is right? And in most GW games, the rule of thumb is that the
newer book takes precedence, so in this case, E40K is newer...: ) )

>Ditch the main rules
-------> Ouch. How will we play?
, take heed of the suggestions
--------->Hey, I paid $70 for those !_at_##!! rules...
, and use common sense!
---------> Oh no no no - you've seen the posts which start with "obviously
it means..." or "the intent of the designers was obviously..." - what seems
like common sense to one person may not(usually doesn't) to another...
We've also have the case where in WH40K Rhinos & LR's carry 10 marines but
only 5 if in termie armor. In E40K they carry 10 termies. Problem? I don't
like it, but again, I'm not going to start jotting down exceptions to rules
for specific units - where would that end? And I have all of my SM/TL stuff
if I want to play that...

>Please, please, don't make this like the 40k list!
--------> I don't think that's a danger, but I think you have to be willing
to overlook a few wrinkles in the rules when you hit certain units if the
system works overall. Your Eldar player is going to say "you want to change
What?" , then he's going to say, "what are _you_ giving up, then?" and then
it will probably dissolve into arguments about altering point values to
reflect this rules change which just screws the Eldar...
; )
...least that's what happens on the list pretty regular. Especially with
those cheesy Eldar players.
<duck>

Chris Miller