Re: [Epic] Eldar bikes (was Uncheesy detachments)

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 12:01:55 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 11-Feb-98 Re: [Epic] Eldar bikes (was.. by "COOK
MATTHEW JOHN"_at_PBS6
> > Jetbikes still aren't allowed to, though - forests are
> > difficult terrain for bike/calvary units, and skimmers cannot end
> > their movement in difficult terrain (as of TL).
[snip]
> I think I heard of a solution to this, if you want to move jet bikes
> or other skimmers that count it as difficultt into woods count as
> difficult terrain ie half movement, but if you want to skim over and
> not suffer move penalty then you can't stop over the woods.
> This reflects the Jet Bikes going in under the canopy at a slower
> speed to miss the obstacles ie not running into tree, whislt still
> having ability to go over.

Actually, this reminds me of one solution our gaming group came up with;
we had some fairly hefty Star Wars fans....

Roll a d6 for each jetbike stand moving through forest this turn. Apply
the following modifiers based on orders:
First Fire: +0 (yes, you can just sit there)
Advance: -1
Charge: -2
If the result is less than 1, the jetbike stand rams a tree and explodes.

How's that? ^_^

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...