Re: [Epic] SM Chaos - wasUncheesy detachments

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 12:34:11 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 11-Feb-98 Re: [Epic] SM Chaos - wasUn.. by Thane
Morgan_at_...
> b) the LOB was probably intended to be a command unit (for orders
> purposes), because otherwise it was screwed.

I'd *love* to know how you figure this. The LoB was one of the things I
*really* hated to see my Chaos opponent field, because it always managed
to do a lot of damage to me before I could kill it -- if I could.

Now, for the record, I think we've established that I'm used to playing
with a lot more terrain than other people use, so that may have
something to do with it... but even so, it's a pretty nice unit. Two on
the field at once, one with both ranged weapons and the other with both
CC weapons, is really not something you want to see... sure the first
only fires in the advance fire phase, but it'll survive to do so....

(And, for the record, we didn't treat the things as command units,
either. And they *still* kicked *ss.)

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...