[Epic] GW and this list. Was SM Chaos

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 13:53:06 -0600

<Major Snippage
> Does anyone from GW read this list? I find a wealth of
> sensible and legitimate comment and criticism on this list
> but GW never act on the ideas posted here. If I owned a
> multi-million dollar business and found out that a list
> existed which did (nearly) nothing but discuss my products,
> I'd sure as hell read it. You don't need an MBA to figure
> that out!

They do, at least did. I flamed the designers about their level of
knowledge of "real world" military orgainztions and was taken to task
for it.

Also, as evidence that they may in fact be reading the list, about 3
months after I started my ongoing rant about lack of SAM flak units in
E40K, well they came out with the "Whirlwind" flak version. I am not
saying that they didn't come up with that by them self, but the timing
is right.

Speaking of which, what are people calling that version? When I get
around to putting it into E41K (this weekend in my next target for E41K
stuff, for those people that care) I am going to list it as "Ostwind".
Or I might not given the level of weirdness of late about WWII Germans.
For the record, the Ostwind was never assigned to the Waffen SS.