Re: [Epic] OFF TOPIC Americans in UK

From: Chris Miller <ironstar_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 19:38:14 -0600

> > >--------> So was it the boots or the hat?
> > >: )
> >
> > Ummm, if you want the truth, we have a joke here that all Americans are
fat.
> > How much do you weigh?
---------> I'm 6'3 and weigh about 270 lbs, less of which is muscle than I
am comfortable with, but with a sit-down-all-day job and a 3-month old baby,
what can you do? I'd say "out-of-shape" rather than "fat", though.

> Where the heck would a sterotype like that come from???
> Certainly you don't get that from US TV shows or magazines...

Think it originates from Huge portions of food. Also idea of American
food, Burgers, Fries etc unhealthy fatty food.

-----------> Sure - Steak, esp Chicken Fried Steak (Texas again), Burgers,
Fried Chicken, etc. Lots of red meat and fried stuff, though I'm getting fed
a damn sight more chicken lately than I would've thought I could stand -
wife's on a post-baby weight loss thing. Between her and the Small One,
there is about zero painting etc going on at home. Lost "my room" (computer,
painting table, shelvesfull of minis) to the baby until we move to a bigger
place in a couple of months so I can't retreat to the cave anymore.

   And it might come from women's magazines - all they are is psychobabble
about men and strange weight loss plans.

Anyway I'm turning into the off-topic king so I'll wrap here...

(And where does an EnglishPerson get off sticking American food? I see
French, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Indian, and German restaurants, but no
English...hmmmm)
: )
Chris Miller