Re: [Epic] SM Chaos - wasUncheesy detachments

From: John Chapman <john_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 14:54:31 +1100 (EST)

> 4-6 all models in area are destroyed and the area may not be entered for the
> rest of the game
>
> Seemed nasty to me, though you usually tried to wait til you had few troops
> left in the area. If one poor guy survived the CC phase in "Bloodbath Woods"
> you could pretty much write off the attackers as there was usually no LOS
> for someone else to shoot him in the advance fire phase.

        I thought I remembered it bieng nastier than 1/6. As to own goals scored
 by the use of this card. There was usually only one dead chaos guy. Typical
users were a THawk bound squad of marines. Theyd try to land next to woods/building such that the terrain stopped people shooting at them. But only one
(the torch) would actually go in the woods. THese woods usually contained
units like Harleys/Scorps/Exarchs and usually a couple of bunches (Even scorps
werent that good of they got ganged up on badly). Or if the scorps were out
hunting any unpinned victims would leave and one remaining hero would blow
himself up. Its where chaos got a CC advantage over eldar - you couldnt afford
to have large numbers of troops under cover or theyd just disappear.....:|
                                                JAC