Re: [Epic] SM Chaos - wasUncheesy detachments

From: Chris Miller <ironstar_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 21:11:00 -0600

>> > Never understood why people fear this card so much...
>> > Even if the Chaos player does get it (big if), there's only
>> > a 1 in 6 chance of the forest/building being torched. The
>> > 'halve enemy CAFs within 2D6cm' cards are a heck of a lot
>> > nastier IMHO.
>> Hmm I seem to remember it as being 1/2 or 1/3 - its been a
while - Ill
>> have to check.....
>
> My chaos cards are currently in another state right
>now, but as I recall (perhaps wrongly, it's been a LONG time),
>the effects are something like:

-------> OK OK, I'm home so I dug mine out. Here it is:
"Burning Body"
When played: on a model that is in a wood or building, at any time
Effect: The model's burning body starts a fire. Roll a d6 in the end phase
of each turn:

1 fire goes out
2-3 fire carries on
4-6 all models in area are destroyed and the area may not be entered for the
rest of the game

Seemed nasty to me, though you usually tried to wait til you had few troops
left in the area. If one poor guy survived the CC phase in "Bloodbath Woods"
you could pretty much write off the attackers as there was usually no LOS
for someone else to shoot him in the advance fire phase.

And it only had to happen one time - you know how it is: once you've been
burned...

Chris Miller