Re: [Epic] New Tyranid player

From: C.Sinclair <csi_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 09:20:57 +0000

I would say at least another 2 boxes of swarms, at least one Harridan (can't
use the Gargoyles otherwise, and more Hive Tyrants. Depending on your
doctrine of attack you may want more of the other minis. If you intend to
slog your way across the battlefield, more Carnifexes are needed (probably
more Zoanthropes and Assault Spawn too) or you'll lose alll the good stuff
before it makes it into CC (SHW targetting rules are a bitch!). If you're
going for Mycetic Spore drops, more Biovores, Dactylis and perhaps Exocrine
to bolster you're holding line and suppress the heck out of Spore drop targets.

At 10:34 PM 2/12/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Hiya
>
>I am also a new Tyranid player. I have also bought 4 boxes of Swarms. How
>many boxes do you feel is adequate for a fairly decent army? This is the
>other stuff i have:
>4 Zoanthropes
>4 Carnifex
>6 Trygons