Re: [Epic] SM Chaos - wasUncheesy detachments

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 09:18:01 -0500

Brett Hollindale wrote:

> > Nope. Nothing stops Wave Serpents... they were the biggest
> >single source of arguments in my games:
> >
> >"I move my 75 point WS into your untouched 900 point titan, so now
> >it can't move or shoot for the rest of the turn."
> >
> >"You can't move a titan with that little thing!"
> >
> >"Doesn't say anything about titans in the rules!"
> >
> ><rules reading and heated arguments follow>
>
> As always, everthing you need is in the rule set...
>
> The warp wave is clearly "a psychic or warp based attack" and void shields
> give a 50/50 save.

        I'm talking about the pre-TL era. Everything I needed was
not in the rule sets. Even so, the shield save only applies to
psychic attacks, not warp-based ones (not that GW even makes that
distinction).

> And of course if the warp wave fails while you are in contact with a titan
> you are pinned and will want to have a lot of buddies in the CC segment...

        The wave is wider than the serpent itself; my friend's
favorite tactic was to brush the wave up against one of the legs of
my warlord titan.

        Of course if it did get pinned, then the titan was pinned
as well (this is pre-TL, remember), so the eldar player would have
still nullified the titan or half the turn.

> Personally I would have liked the GW rules boys to fix wave serpents with a
> statement like "cannot affect models they cannot pin" or something sensible
> like that, but instead the money grubbing toads gave us the E40K heresy
> instead...

        I'd have liked for them to get rid of the damn things
enitirely. =)

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"The only thing to fear is fearlessness" - REM