Re: [Epic] Which Armies Do YOU use?

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 09:51:01 +1000

DeconSolo_at_... wrote:

> On an Epic note: I notice not to many people on the list only play one army.
> I play two, an IG/SM army, and my fun time Chaos horde. What are other people
> using as their primary and secondary armies, and why? It seems there are some
> interesting pairings.......

Primary : Orks. Why? Because most gamers around here play Imperials of
one sort or another ( SMs, IGs, Squats, Knights...). Orks in SM2 were
always very difficult to use correctly, but very good if you knew their
strengths, and could compenstae for their weaknesses. The only area they
really excelled in was Titan-busting, because of the Gargant Ball Round.
In E40K they are, if anything, more difficult to use. They lack all
long-range weaponry. Their low power-density means they are massacred by
artillery. But they're cheap. There's lots of them. So provided you can
arrange a multi-line broad-front attack, you can still win. Regardless,
they're fun.

Secondary: Chaos. Haven't played them much in E40K, but they used to be
my primary force in SM2. Now half my troops are "unofficial". Never
mind.

Tertiary: Bugs. I tried these as an experiment, got a few BioTitans
cheap, and 3 packs (That's 15 sprues, 7.5 of the new packs) I stopped
playing them in SM2 when it became obvious the BioTitans were grossly,
and I do mean grossly, underpriced for their power. Now in E40K the
power had dropped dramatically. They're now underpowered. Frankly, I
think they should have a Save. Of course YMMV.

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo