Re: [Epic] Which Armies Do YOU use?

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 23:37:22 -0700

> Tertiary: Bugs. I tried these as an experiment, got a few BioTitans
> cheap, and 3 packs (That's 15 sprues, 7.5 of the new packs) I stopped
> playing them in SM2 when it became obvious the BioTitans were grossly,
> and I do mean grossly, underpriced for their power. Now in E40K the
> power had dropped dramatically. They're now underpowered. Frankly, I
> think they should have a Save. Of course YMMV.
> Boy, thats the truth. Considering every army has titans with deathrays,
(except bugs), they overvalued their CC ability; Even thats not great,
because its still almost impossible to get better than 2 to 1 scores
with them. I think a 4+ or 5+ save would have been appropriate; the only
thing they have a chance of standing up to now is infantry masses, and
they have little to hurt infantry with (for the points).

Before I played Tyrannids, I always fought this one kid with a bug army;
he always gave me a massive run for my money. I always left his
regenerating beasts alone until I could kill two or three in one turn,
because he ALWAYS got that damn regeneration card on the first or
second turn. At least 15 games with him, and every time I'd overkill a
dominatrix by 20+ wounds he'd smirk and play that damn card.

The highlights of my EPIC career were killing a heirophant; one which
had charged magnus and was met by a teleporting Bloodthirster and
telekinesing a LOS into hand to hand with it; growthing the
bloodthirster, adding 5 to magnus, and scoring ~ 20 wounds on it; the
other charged a collosus and was surrounded by two overlords, a second
collosus, a trike detat and a thunderer detat; all pouring fire into it.
I must have got over 30 wounds by the time it was all over as it dropped
before CC and the Collosus rolled over its still twitching corpse.

Most of the time though they just crashed about the rear of my lines; I
usually beat him by killing everything else.

Thane