RE: [Epic] GW and this list.

From: Max Maynard-Maloney <dormammu_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 19:38:22 -0800 (PST)

> > Plus, I think we are all way outside what their targeted market is;
> > 10-16 year olds. Maybe we should ask for more scantily clad female
> > units, or how our acne has cleared up since playing E40K.
>
> I don't know...*musing over this one*. The younger market is definately
> worth GW pursuing to get them involved early on. However I am not
> convinced that it is their target market. You have to be somewhat older
> to have the kind of the disposable income required to continue with this
> kind of hobby.

I got GW's official reasoning on this when I worked in a Chapter Approved
store. The idea is that most males get into a hobby in their early teens,
abandon it in high school, and return to it in their early 20s when they
gain a disposable income. Thus, GW targets the youth market in an effort
to ensure future growth.

Max

"Run, humans! Run for your sweaty lives! Run till you hearts burst and
your lungs collapse! You cannot run away from ME! Everything that is,
IS MINE!" --the dread Dormammu, Doctor Strange #9