Re: [Epic] SM Chaos

From: Max Maynard-Maloney <dormammu_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 20:10:18 -0800 (PST)

> SM/TL was a good game that was fairly popular in the U.S. - maybe not
> as much as Fantasy or 40K, but sold a lot better than many other
> companies flagship products.

I'm not even going to tell you which system I prefer, but arguing that it
was a financial mistake rings completely false to me. In the last two
years before Epic 40K (that's almost back to TL), the SM/TL system was
dead from a retail standpoint. I ordered GW for a Chapter Approved store
and I can tell you I went 3 months at a time without having to order a
single Epic blister pack. This was at the #4 volume store in the US where
we ordered at least once a week.

Max

"Run, humans! Run for your sweaty lives! Run till you hearts burst and
your lungs collapse! You cannot run away from ME! Everything that is,
IS MINE!" --the dread Dormammu, Doctor Strange #9