RE: [Epic] GW and this list.

From: Carl Woodrow <carl.woodrow_at_...>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 01:10:01 -0000

Thane,

>I don't want to see the destruction of GW; I want to see them get =
some competition so
>they'll be more response to the desires of their cons=
umers. I vowed to never play EPIC
>again when the new rules came out, but =
I miss wargaming too much to stay away with no
>viable aternative. So I'm =
back, but enjoying my games much less than before.

>Face it, were sheep wi=
th money to them right now.

>So I encourage everyone who currently plays f=
antasy to try chronopia a few games. It's a
>start.

>Thane

Ok..that's a =
good point about competition, and yes I would agree with you that someone e=
lse in the market might stimulate things a little. That's one of the reason=
s I wanted to get in tough with John Tuffley at GZG. I'm still not sure I c=
an agree with all of your points, although I accept that they are valid (so=
rry about the sarcasm though...It's a Manx thing <g>). I think in this we c=
an probably agree to disagree, but purely because the contact I have had wi=
th 'some' of the GW staff (not store staff...although on the whole I have f=
ound them to be very good in the UK) has been very positive. That is not to=
 say however that I don't accept the points you are making.

I think like E=
rik accurately points out, I will drop the subject and get back to more pro=
ductive areas...such as trying to get the rest of Gene-seed working properl=
y (darned ISP cache ...mutter...mutter)

Best
Carl

Carl Woodrow - Gene-see=