Space Fleet (was Re: [Epic] Playing Too Much)

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 21:56:48 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 15-Feb-98 Re: [Epic] Playing Too Much by "Sauron
Moridor"_at_netrove
> You mean I can still buy those Gothic battleships too?

Yup, you can! Only metal, and it's $10 /battleship, 2 cruisers, or 5
escorts, but you can get 'em. Er, mind you, that's from the US, where
they convienently decided to give us a 'special pricing' that matched
the cost of the US mail order, or increased it; I think it's 6 pounds
per from Canada yet. (Whether that's a good thing or not now I'm not
sure; I haven't checked currency prices in a while.)

Oh, and you can't get any plastic, either the Wraithship/Gothic sprue or
the bases. GW does send along standard flying bases with the ships,
though, and for most/all of the minis they'll do -- the ships are really
quite well-balanced, I've found.

>I hope they
> don't release a new game. I like the old one and the miniatures that went
> with it!

<nod> <nod>
Though a new game wouldn't hurt, so long as they keep the same minis....

> I don,t suppose and British members have the list of all those
> spaceships. I tend to forget the smaller games in GW ranges must still also
> be available from British mail order.

Check out Tom Granvold's Spaceship miniature/game list, at:

http://www.scruz.net/~granvold/spaceship/

The Space Fleet minis are at the above, plus
"spaceshipinfo.html#spacefleetmini"; all part numbers are included, as
GW listed them. (There are a couple bloopers.) Also, you can just ask
for the suckers by name; there's not a lot to confuse them with, so long
as you specify Space Fleet minis. (Alternately, I can mail the list to
you; I think I've got that message to Tom buried somewhere....)

Later,

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...