RE: [Epic] GW and this list.

From: Dirk Vormann <DVormann_at_...-duisburg.de>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 09:38:45 +0100 (MEZ)

On Sat, 14 Feb 1998, Carl Woodrow wrote:

> > >Plus, I think we are all way outside what their targeted market is;
> 10-16 year olds. Maybe we should ask for more scantily clad female
> units, or how our acne has cleared up since playing E40K.
>

> I don't know...*musing over this one*. The younger market is definately
 worth GW pursuing to get them involved early on. However I am not
 convinced that it is their target market. You have to be somewhat older
 to have the kind of the disposable income required to continue with this
 kind of hobby. I suspect GW are more interested in the kind of customer
 who is prepared to buy several boxes of troops and a few blister packs at
 a time (which I suspect a few on this list do...I can't be the only one
 surely!) as opposed to several kids who can only afford the odd boxed set
 or blister from time to time depending upon available funds etc...

By chance I was at the local GW store the day W40k Necrons arrived. 10-16
year old boys bought LOTS of those boxes, most of them 2 or 3! They had
not even read the rules because the WD appeared the same day!
I could not believe what I saw.

> It is like the PC games industry...their (well documented) target
 market is the 20-30 year old adult male who is both in work and has the
 disposable income to blow on leisure pursuits.

DV

brain*beauty=constant