RE: [Epic] GW and this list.

From: Steve Sheldon <s_sheldon_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 08:14:10 PST

>> I don't know...*musing over this one*. The younger market is
definately
> worth GW pursuing to get them involved early on. However I am not
> convinced that it is their target market. You have to be somewhat
older
> to have the kind of the disposable income required to continue with
this
> kind of hobby.

No, not at all. The kids I have seen are just spoilt, they whine to thir
parents and they get what they want. It really pisses me off. There are
times that I have felt quite patronised going into the GW store. I
remember when the one in Vancouver opened. The first manager, Geoff had
long hair, a nose ring, Tongue pierced, and always listened to realy
hard punk or industrial, the store was dark and moody, and really had a
good atmosphere, now, it seems very artificial, and happy, and generally
geared towards parents with children!
Sorry, got a bit carried away there.
Steve

--
If you choke a Smurf, what colour does it go?