Re: [Epic] Unit Transformations from SM to E40K

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 17:13:03 -0500

Frangois Bruntz wrote:

> Tu as icrit :
>
> > This has come up in another thread, but I thought it was worth
> > describing separately:
> >
> > What units did you buy (or not buy) in SM/TL because they just sucked
> > and weren't worth the time,money, or points to take, which are now
> > decent or better in E40K. Also, units which were great before and are
> > now trash - what will never come off the shelf again?
>
> Terminators in Space Marine were far better than in Epic 40k : it was a
> great disapointment for me as I used to field entire Terminator
> companies... Snif, snif, snif!

        Really? I thought termies were pretty useless in SM/TL.
Good CC troops, but forced to remain in formation with good long
range tanks that were fairly poor transports. If you tried to
use them as CC troops, you were wasting the LRs' guns. If you
used the LRs to shoot, you were wasting the termies' CC ability,
and why not just buy LRs by themselves in that case? Plus the
termies were expensive and not very durable. I think they've
become a heck of a lot more useful now then they were before.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun." - Army of Darkness