Re: [Epic] Unit Transformations from SM to E40K

From: Erik Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 17:40:06 -0500

> The Banelord has become less durable, along with all
> the other GDs (as I believe Thane already pointed out). I
> had one destroyed in yesterday's game by a single hit from a
> falcon! Khorne was very insulted, especially when I failed
> to take the gunner's skull for his collection. =(

Hehe. My one moment of glory. I might mention that I rolled 6 to hit,
6 to crit, double 6 for crit table. I also had two of my Revenant
Titans destroyed by one failed holofield save...

> his bike-less & near aspect-less eldar army. My contagions
> spent the entire game suppressing the heck out of his WEs
> and vehicles. And that's just not right.

Well, I had one night spinner for every one of your contagions but mine
were focusing on the incredible hordes of fast demons that kept
threatening to engulf my thin Eldar line.

> have become infested. Fine. So why does this work against
> armor and titans in E40k? It shouldn't. But in E40k,

Well, it is Nurgle, so they might consider it to have expanded to where
the plague can rot armor, destroy circuits, etc if the war engine or
vehicle doesn't go evasive.

> (seperate from the weapon itself, that is - obviously ATs
> and DRs are anti-armor, but should all Disrupt weapons, for
> example, be equally effective against all kinds of targets?).

A valid question, nevertheless. I've often wished some of those
monofilament webs could tear into something.

> Bombard shells should be able to crack open a titan without
> much trouble; manticore rockets should not - and yet their
> stats are the same in E40k (and neither of them are good
> against titans or WEs).

This is a great place for a special rule, though. I think GW only
thought about the indirect fire/HE side of things. Allow artillery to
fire direct if it has line of sight. Consider them to be using AP
shells. Heavy arty gets one AT shot at half normal range. Siege arty
gets two AT shots at half normal range. Sound reasonable?

> I'm not sure where I'm really going with all of
> this, it just bothered me somewhat when I started to think
> about how I was using my Contagions yesterday.

The Farseer has been working on you... A Chaos Lord with a conscience!

<grin>

Regards,

- Erik