Re: [Epic] Unit Transformations from SM to E40K

From: Michael Reed <Reed_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 00:12:50 -0000

----------
> From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
> To: space-marine_at_...
> Subject: Re: [Epic] Unit Transformations from SM to E40K
> Date: Monday, February 16, 1998 10:15 PM

> > Demon engines of Khorne are much weaker.
>
> ??? Haven't used them much in E40k, but at least they seem
> reasonably-priced now. They cost way too much point-wise in SM/TL
> to be worthwhile.

The Khorne Engines were (to me) a good bit of rationalization. In SM,
there was only one that ever struck me as worth taking (the Blood
Reaper - twice the hitting power of a land raider with 50cm range).
Hence, I used all the different Daemon Engine models as reapers
in battle - they were too cool to ignore. The Ork battlewagons, IMHO,
were pretty similar - the Gutrippa stood out head and shoulders above
all others.
Anyway, under the current rules Khorne Engines are reasonable, but
not brilliant. They're a bit short-ranged but excellent in assaults, so
unlike most tanks they can meander about freely without worrying
about being mugged in close combat. They are nowhere near as
dangerous as the Blood Reaper in SM, but they compare well with
Predators or Leman Russes. They're also far too characterful a unit
to ignore when I'm playing a Khornate chaos army.
                                        Mike Reed