Re: [Epic] Armor Penetration in E40k

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 19:35:37 -0600

> This whole thread has go tme thinking about the one thing in Epic 40k that
> really bothers me. Complete inability of flyers to crack armor. In real
> life, If I am reading the Janes technical stuff correctly, guided munitions
> life, If I am reading the Janes technical stuff correctly, guided munitions
> from Aircraft have more than enough capabilities to crack open enemy armor,
> fortifications and tanks. Now it seems that they are more usefull in
> attacking Foot troopers, which really seems out of whack. Did any body
> else look at this and think, this is screwed.

Flyers can't get overwatch re-rolls. I always found that this made me
more likely to attacks WE's with them, as at least I got more dice that
way. I usually seem better off attacking foot troops with
other ground units.

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html
If you have questions about EPIC 40K and can't find the answers
in the rule books, send them to:
                    allen_at_...
They will be passed on to Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers.