Re: [Epic] Armor Penetration in E40k

From: Timothy J. Kilgore <tkilgore_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 00:50:45 -0500

>Flyers can't get overwatch re-rolls. I always found that this made me
>more likely to attacks WE's with them, as at least I got more dice that
>way. I usually seem better off attacking foot troops with
>other ground units.

I agree that flyers cannot get overwatch rolls nor should they ever.
screaming across the sky at several hundred nautical miles an hour really
doesn't lend to double checking targeting. I've never found them that
usefull in attacking war engines, I ussaly wind up trying to take out the
arty detachment, or at least attempting to suppress them. I just made the
stupid mistake of attempting to link real life combat units to Epic 40k
again, Stupid I know as it leads to a whole mess of oxymorons.