RE: [Epic] Unit Transformations from SM to E40K

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 10:00:58 -0600

> The Khorne Engines were (to me) a good bit of rationalization. In SM,
> there was only one that ever struck me as worth taking (the Blood
> Reaper - twice the hitting power of a land raider with 50cm range).
> Hence, I used all the different Daemon Engine models as reapers
> in battle - they were too cool to ignore.
--------> Friend used the scorpions quite a bit. They weren't too bad. I
liked the death dealers myself, though they always died fairly quick.
Cauldrons were nice too if you managed to get in range.
> The Ork battlewagons, IMHO,
> were pretty similar - the Gutrippa stood out head and shoulders above
> all others.
-------> I never used Gutrippas - I liked bonebreaks/bonecrunchas, as
the deathroller thing was too cool and really annoyed my opponent when
it worked.
> Anyway, under the current rules Khorne Engines are reasonable, but
> not brilliant. They're a bit short-ranged but excellent in assaults,
> so
> unlike most tanks they can meander about freely without worrying
> about being mugged in close combat. They are nowhere near as
> dangerous as the Blood Reaper in SM, but they compare well with
> Predators or Leman Russes. They're also far too characterful a unit
> to ignore when I'm playing a Khornate chaos army.

--------> And that last is probably why I always take them in either
game, even if they don't do a whole lot but die. They just belong.

Chris Miller