Re: Space Fleet, take 2 (was Re: [Epic] Playing Too Much)

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 00:12:02 -0700

Matthew Sprange wrote:

> > Anyway I just thought the Space Ships looked just as odd as the rest of
> >GW's work and why not? If you are tired of the game, you can sell it to me.
> >I am persuing some extra metal units now.
> >

> Not to criticize, it is just I REALLY enjoyed the old game, seeing the
> models used in this manner just seems rather odd to me. Alas for my models,
> I have only just bought them as I am trying to reawaken my interest in this
> game (I LOVE those Gothic-class Battleships - or did I mention that?). I'm
> trying to string together some ad hoc rules for the game based on what old
> stuff I've trawled on the net. Are you the chap doing your own space combat
> game, or was that someone else? I would be most interested if you fancy
> some UK playtesters (that didn't come out right, but I think you know what I
> meant).

I'll keep you're nameon the interested list. I'm tweaking the last of
the weapon costs this month, finishing some examples of play and
shipbuilding, and I think it's done. Hopefully play testing won't be
important by that point, execpt for trying new rules that I haven't
thought of yet. I'm also preparing some scenarios this month.

Thane
Thanks for your interest