RE: [Epic] Support Weapons Convesions..

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 09:04:09 -0600

> Basically, if it is in the book it will get released, if it isn't in
> the book....we can
> probably forget it. GW have clearly stated that they will NOT be
> releasing
> additional supplements to Epic 40K in the same way they did for SM/TL,
> they wanted to keep the whole of the games rules in just one box
> (which is fine
> as far as I am concerned).
>
> However, If that is their intentions then if and when the Squats get
> re-introduced to Epic
> (after their W40K release), it could prove to be a thorny problem for
> GW as to how
> to introduce them into the game without either:
> a) releasing an additional supplement or
> b) re-releasing the whole of the game again with the Squats included
> or
> c) admitting that they won't be including the Squats in Epic after all
>
> Gentlemen...place your bets.

----------> By the time they get around to Squats for WH40K, we'll have
Sisters of Battle, Necrons, Squats, and maybe the oft-rumored Dark
Eldar(joy). Might also get around to doing the Imperial & Eldar Knights.
I'd be willing to bet at that point if E40K is selling at all, we'll see
some kind of supplement including them. I wouldn't think they'd redo
the game unless we're talking years down the road from now, and I don't
see them just ignoring it unless sales really go in the toilet, so I'd
bet a smaller box or a stand-alone booklet covering the "new - un's".
Fingers crossed...

Chris Miller