Re: [Epic] Epic 40k to Star Wars crossover...

From: Erik Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 10:08:43 -0500

Andy,

> These things were awfully strong in the movie. The dialogue mentions
> their shielding. Is that the 6+ armor, or should they have something
> effectively like void shields as well?

Well, they definitely don't have shields but they do have thick armor.
There are also weak points but I figured the high (10) damage capacity
would model the strength of the structure/armor sufficiently.

In a crossover situation, I'd rather keep 'em without shields - they'd
be cheaper and you'd be able to field more of 'em and still be true to
the 'real' AT-AT. I think that a good crit table (i.e. tough to damage
it badly) would also help model its toughness.

> I got the impression that these are more like an enclosed Sentinel,
> maybe a little bigger. The Micro-machines one I've got is about
> Warhound size, but it obviously is the not in the same scale.

Hm. I was figuring slightly smaller than Warhound size - aren't
Warhounds generally run by just 1 pilot/princeps? If you made 'em
vehicles/walkers you'd be cutting a lot of detail but perhaps it would
be more accurate. Anyone else care to vote on this?

Regards,

- Erik